Recipe by NavyDoc13
This is one of the most popular dish on our menu...right up there with General Tso's. The sauce in our version is not super sweet so adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This recipe was recommended by Chef #482376. Great recipe. The only change I made was to omit the brown sugar and ketchup, and stir fry the pork in a little olive oil rather than deep fry it to make it lighter. Thanks for posting. :)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork, cut into 3/4 " pieces or 3⁄4 lb dark chicken meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs rice wine, and meat in a bowl. Stir to coat & let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix in a small bowl, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, water, 1 tbs cornstarch, 2 tsp soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- Remove meat from marinade. Dip meat in egg wash, drain excess, then dredge in cornstarch and shake off the excess.
- In a wok or deep fryer, heat oil to 360 degrees. Fry meat a few pieces at a time to not drop temperature, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat process for remaining meat pieces.
- Sautee onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent, add sauce, cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring, until boils and thickens then stir in pineapples and meat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place meat on a bed of rice & top with sauce.