Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy. Serve over rice.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless pork, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch cubes
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Combine egg, flour, salt, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and 1/4 cup chicken broth in a medium mixing bowl; beat until smooth.
- Dip pork cubes in batter, coating well; deep fry in hot oil (375 degrees) for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large skillet; add green pepper, carrots and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Stir in remaining broth, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce; boil rapidly 1 minute.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup water to 3 tablespoons cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into vegetable mixture; cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Add pork, pineapple, and tomato; cook just until well heated.
- Serve over rice.