Sweet and Sour pork is good with white steamed rice. Recipe adapted from Joyce Chen Cook Book.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cubed pork
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooking oil (I use peanut)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix pork, sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and salt in bowl.
- Separate pieces and fry in oil (350°F) until crisp on edges and well done (8-10 minutes).
- Drain well and put pork on paper towels.
- Keep warm.
- Next make the sweet and sour sauce.
- Mix next 2/3 cup sugar, catsup, pineapple juice, cider vinegar and soy sauce in bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat the remaining one tablespoon oil and brown garlic.
- Throw away garlic.
- Add sugar/vinegar mixture to saucepan and cook until mixture boils.
- Stir in corn-starch/water mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Add pineapple chunks and snow peas (if using), then add pork.
- Mix well.