Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Healthy Cooking For Two, by Brenda Shriver.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb pork loin chop, all visible fat removed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, packed in own juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- Cut pork into 1/2" strips.
- Drain pineapple; set aside; reserve juice.
- In med bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; add pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce, and broth; stir and set aside.
- Heat oil in med skillet on med high; add pork stirring quickly until tender and browned.
- Drain meat on a paper towel; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with another paper towel.
- Add juice mix to skillet; cook over med heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the meat; simmer for about five minutes.
- Add green pepper and onion, continue to simmer for five minutes.
- Add pineapple; cover and simmer for about ten minutes more.
- Serve over rice.