Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from the Cook yourself thin show on Lifetime. it is fantastic
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chop, trimmed of any fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (or 1 red and 1 green)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1. To make the pork chops: Combine sherry, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar in a medium bowl. Add pork and gently toss until well coated. Let marinate in the refrigerator.
- 2. Stir together pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, and remaining teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl until well combined.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but still a little crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large dish. Heat another tablespoon of the oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but still a little crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the same dish.
- 4. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork cubes, arranging in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until a golden-brown crust forms on the bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the cubes over and cook until a golden-brown crust forms on the other side, about 1 1/2 minutes. Return onion and peppers to the pan and toss to combine. Add pineapple juice mixture and cook, stirring, until sauce evenly coats everything and thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 5. To make the brown rice: In a saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and add the rice. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the grains and serve.
I love this recipe! If Im in a hurry I use a bag of frozen stir-fry peppers and onions. Thanks for posting!
I tried this recipe but I omitted the sherry and used 1 red and 2 green peppers. My kids loved it. The taste and ease if this dish makes me never want to order take out again.