Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Joy Of Cooking calendar.
- 2 lbs lean boneless pork shoulder or 2 lbs pork loin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion (optional)
- Cut into 2-inch long 1/2 inch thick strips pork shoulder.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat in vegetable oil.
- Remove the meat and drain on paper towels. Add the pineapple juice, water, cider vinegar, dark brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and worcestershire and cook, stirring, until the sauce is slightly thickened and clear.
- Add the meat, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, about 1 hour, or untl tender.
- Add the pineapple chunks, green bell pepper and onion. Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.