Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this many years ago. Very easy, and super taste.
- 1 lb boneless pork filet, cut into 1 1/2 in.pieces
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drain and reserve 2/3 c. juice
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In lg.
- skillet, melt shortning, add pork, sprinkle with paprika.
- Brown well.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- In med.
- bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add pineapple juice, vinegar, water, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce; blend until smooth.
- Stir into meat.
- Cook on low until thickened.
- Add green pepper and pineapple.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
A very easy recipe that turned out well. Next time I will add a bit more spices and brown sugar - it was not spicy enough for my tastes - a bit more worcestershire sauce would do the trick. Thanks for posting!
my family really liked this - but i did think it was a bit time consuming. it does taste just about like the sweet and sour chicken in the restaurants, but doesn't have as much sauce. i will make this again - but will need a lot more time!
We are big fans of Sweet & Sour Pork but we both found this one bland and uninteresting. I made the recipe exactly as it states, did not find it too time consuming or requiring too much effort, it just didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.