Recipe by Carol :)
Excellent recipe! Found it in my Joy of Cooking cookbook years ago. I've made a couple of adjustments to suit my family's tastes. Original recipe can be found on page 480.
Top Review by Clintsmom721
This was simple to make yet very tasty. I will definately make it again. I added a couple gloves of garlic to the oil to brown the pork and tossed in a handful of walnuts with the pineapple. I served it over brown rice. Hubby raved over it.
- 2 lbs lean boneless pork loin or 2 lbs lean boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into 1/2 inch strips, 2 inches long.
- Heat oil in a wok or electric fryer, brown meat.
- When brown drain meat on paper towel.
- Set aside.
- To make sauce, in the same fryer add the pineapple juice, chicken stock, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until slightly thickened and has changed color.
- Add meat and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Add pineapple chunks, green pepper and onion.
- Cook for another 10 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Serve over cooked rice.