Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adults and kids love these, and they also make a great potluck buffet item.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, from the can
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine beef, egg, onion, crumbs, garlic, dry mustard, Worcestershire and salt and pepper and form into balls. Fry or bake in the oven till done.
- In a 3L saucepan on stovetop, combine the beef stock, pineapple, sugar, juice, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch. Add green pepper, heat and stir until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the meatballs, mix well and heat for about 5 minutes until heated through and thickened.
- Serve with rice and a green salad.