Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Got leftovers? I found this recipe in Woman's Day magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple or 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- leftover ham slices
- Combine pineapple, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup and soy sauce in a saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Stir cornstarch with water. Stir into sauce and boil 1 minute.
- Spoon over warmed slices of leftover ham. Serve extra sauce on the side.
Tkhis was soooo good for such a simple and easy recipe. We fixed the sauce as directed and used as a glaze as we grilled the ham outside. It was perfect and the flavors enjoyed by all - even our very picky DGD who is visiting. That alone makes it a 5 star in my book - this is nice enough for company and simple enough for a busy weeknight dinner.
Super easy and very yummy! We had just a little leftover ham and just enough of the rest of the supplies, what a great way to use them up! I added just a little garlic and it turned out PERFECT!