Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delicious recipe is a great way to spice up a chicken with fresh pineapple flavours.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fat-free gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ketchup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- Combine chicken, egg white, cornstarch, and black pepper; let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil over high heat; stir fry chicken (save cornstarch mixture) for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, water, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger to cornstarch mixture; whisk to combine.
- Drain pan; stir fry onion and peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, pineapple, and liquid mixture; stir fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, ensuring that chicken is fully cooked.
Well, I was probably supposed to use fresh ginger or something, but it didn't specify, so I used a teaspoon of my ginger from the spice cabinet. That was the ONLY thing I could taste. My family tried really hard to eat it, but it was pretty-much the worst meal we'd ever had.
Made for dinner tonight and it was good! I doubled the recipe to serve my husband and myself and used b/s chicken thighs because that is what was on hand. Was very easy with lots of flavor. Made for Fall PAC 2008.