Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
We love this beet recipe...it has just the right sweet and sour taste, but of coarse, you may adjust all seasonings to taste... I usually make this with a turkey, chicken or ham dinner...this recipe is great as it serves 6-8 people.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 2 (1 lb) canssliced beets, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple syrup, and combine the syrup with water and vinegar.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir into liquids; cook until the liquid comes to a boil, and thickens, stirring as needed (about 10 minutes).
- Add drained beets; heat a couple of minutes, add the pineapple chunks.
- Serve and enjoy!