Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
We love this beet recipe...it has just the right sweet and sour taste, but of coarse, you may adjust all seasonings to taste... I usually make this with a turkey, chicken or ham dinner...this recipe is great as it serves 6-8 people.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 2 (1 lb) canssliced beets, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- Drain the pineapple syrup, and combine the syrup with water and vinegar.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir into liquids; cook until the liquid comes to a boil, and thickens, stirring as needed (about 10 minutes).
- Add drained beets; heat a couple of minutes, add the pineapple chunks.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cornstarch will make a clear sauce as flour will not. I ate this beet pineapple recipe hot, and didn't like it much, but it is great served as a cold salad.
A super easy to put together side dish. I used splenda brown to bring the calories down a smidge (though they are already pretty good). I think next time I'll cut up my beets. I'm looking forward to having this available in the fridge for me to munch on. Get well soon, Kitten!
Made this recipe with #80449 Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs, for the first brunch of the new year. And for my first,ever tags. They complimentd each other nicely. DH and I both enjoyed this recipe. Made it according to the recipe, but with Splenda brown sugar blend, and rice flour for my dietary imperatives.