Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Anoter recipe from Linda Fraser's "Vegetarian Cooking." Excellent dinner for 2-3 or side dish for 4-6. Posted for my mom.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- grated lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- shavings parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- Quarter the peppers and remove the stalks and seeds.
- Place in boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Peel away the skins and and leftover seeds, and cut the flesh lengthwise into strips.
- Set aside.
- Put the garlic, capers, raisins, mustard, lime zest and juice, honey and cliantro into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Return pasta to the pan and add the peppers and dressing.
- Heat genly on med-low and toss to miss.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Serve with shavings of Parmesan cheese, if you like.
Peeling the peppers is a LOT of work, but this recipe is DELICIOUS!!!!!! Thanks for posting it. We made it exactly as specified.
This was absolutely delish! I served this with breaded pork chops and peas. What a tasty side dish! The two things I did different were to use roasted red peppers and leave out capers, since I didn't have any. Thank you for a great side dish! :)
The only change I made was in omitting the capers, which I didn't have. While this was an extremely healthy recipe (no oil!), it was a bit too sour for my liking. Somehow the peppers seemed to have absorbed all the sourness, while the pasta was more sweet. But I do like the concept of boiling peppers, and I'll probably use that technique often now! Thanks basia!