Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lime taste that sticks with you and has you craving more. Puts me in mind of Thai. Note served leftovers today and the flavor was even better. Let overnight and reheat by stove or microwave. The wife claimed today's meal was better than yesterdays.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, dried finely grated
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, ground
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese, fresh, shaved (optional)
- Quarter the peppers and remove the stalks and seed. Put the quarter in boling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then peel off the skina nd cut the flesh into strips lenghtwise.
- Put the garlic, capers, raisins, mustard, lemon rind, lime juice, honey and pepper in a bowl and whisk.
- cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente and then drain completely.
- Return pasta to the pan and then add the pepper strips and dressing. Heat gently tossing to mix. Place in warm serving bowl and serve with shavings of cheese if desired.