- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in large serving bowl, add onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley, set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the dressing ingredients, cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with slotted spoon.