Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pasta salad that can be made for summer get-togethers, or for your family!
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in large serving bowl, add onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley, set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the dressing ingredients, cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
does not taste really good and it smells really digusting
Made this for an Easter pot-luck. I was sceptical about the amount of dressing this made - didn't think it would be enough but it was. Took the suggestion from Jillian and used only one cup of sugar and used apple cider vinegar. Very good and a nice change of pace from the ususal Itanian dressing type pasta salad.
Absolutely delicious! I made a third of the recipe and ate half of it for lunch today. It's good as-is for a side dish, but I think I'll add some white-meat chicken next time I'm having it as a meal. :)