Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Just came up with this for something different and made a good entree while working out what to cook as the main course. Came out really well I thought, it is on the spicy side so some might like to use half the amount of jalapeno peppers.
- 12 oysters, shucked in shell
- 12 teaspoons crushed pineapple (one tablespoon juice reserved)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Lightly saute onion in olive oil until starting to turn clear.
- Place one tablespoon of reserved pineapple juice in small bowl.
- Add cornstarch, pepper, jalapeno, onion, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce to bowl and mix well.
- Place one teaspoon of crushed pineapple into each oyster shell.
- Spoon even proportions of the mix over each oyster shell.
- Cook over a BBQ grill or something that only provides heat to the bottom of the shells.
- Cook until the liquid has been simmering several minutes, around seven minutes total cooking time.
- Let them rest on grill plate with heat off for a few minutes before serving.