Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A few months ago in one of the forums Zewbiedoo mentioned a basic recipe alternative to Grape Jelly Meatballs, so today I decided to give 'em a try. :) Her recipe was for 32 ounces apple jelly and 6 to 8 ounces yellow mustard. I, of course, had to fiddle with it and add other stuff. :) I made them for our gaming session and they went over very well, especially with those folks who really enjoy tangy, "mustardy" flavors.
- 24 ounces apple jelly
- 8 ounces yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 lb sliced smoked sausage or 1 lb l'il smokies
- 2 lbs pre-cooked meatballs
- In your crockpot, combine the jelly, mustard, onion, garlic, and curry powder, and stir well to mix.
- Add the sausages and meatballs.
- Cover and cook: if meatballs are frozen, heat on high for 4 hours; if meatballs are thawed, heat on high for at least 2 hours.
- You can also use just all sausage or all meatballs.