These little meatloaves don't take long and are pretty darn tasty. A bit different from the other sweet and sour meatloaf recipes here at Zaar. I think the muffin tin idea is perfect and these are great for OAMC, especially because of their size. How convenient for those of us who cook for one or two to use the size as portion control too. Even if you don't like the recipe, use your own recipe in the muffin tins for quick OAMC opportunities.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12-muffin tin.
- Mix 1/2 Cup of the ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, and the other 1/2 cup ketchup; season with salt and pepper. Combine ingredients well, but don't overwork the meat.
- Place 2 1/2 teaspoons of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared muffin tin. Form the meat mixture into 12 equal balls and place in the muffin tin, pressing down to smooth the top of meat.
- Cook the meat loaves until no longer pink in the middle and juices bubble around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins. I find this is easiest if you place a platter on top of the muffin tin, grab it with oven mits, then flip, like you would a round cake. Most all of the sauce should come out with the meat if you let the tin sit upside down on the platter for a minute or two. Scoop out any of the sauce left and smear it on the loaves.