Recipe by Dancer^
I haven't made this yet a friend gave it to me, sounds great though.
Top Review by louisewatson109
Isi am a snowbird and went looking for a sweet and sour meat loaf recipe because that's what I've made for he past 45 years and my family loves it. There is just a little difference from this recipe. I use just brown sugar and no vinegar. I think the tomato sauce has enough acid in it.it's a great recipe with or without this change.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Add onion and half the tomato sauce.
- Form into loaf in 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; bring to boil.
- Pour over meatloaf and bake 10 more minutes.