Recipe by Sheila in Alaska
This was the only meatloaf that my kids would eat while they were growing up. Now that they are adults it is still their favorite.
Top Review by dakedake543
i made this recipe for my mom for mother's day. it was quick and easy and SUPER good. i use to hate meatloaf because it was so bland, but thanks to this unique recipe, i love it. now it is the only meatloaf we make!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- reserved tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Add onions and one-half of tomato sauce.
- Form into loaf in 9-in.x 5-in.x 3-in. pan.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- In saucepan, combine topping ingredients; bring to boil.
- Pour over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes more.