Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was the only meatloaf that my kids would eat while they were growing up. Now that they are adults it is still their favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- reserved tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Mix together beef, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Add onions and one-half of tomato sauce.
- Form into loaf in 9-in.x 5-in.x 3-in. pan.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- In saucepan, combine topping ingredients; bring to boil.
- Pour over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes more.
i made this recipe for my mom for mother's day. it was quick and easy and SUPER good. i use to hate meatloaf because it was so bland, but thanks to this unique recipe, i love it. now it is the only meatloaf we make!
I like this meatloaf and sometimes use ketchup in the topping ,which I double.Thanks for posting.