Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Alien brains is my daughters name for brussels sprouts. I dont care what they are called so long as they get eaten. With this recipe they got eaten. Even by my husband. This does take a little pre-planning.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup Italian dressing or 1 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 lb meatballs, homemade or 1 lb meatballs, storebought
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- day one steam or boil brussel sprouts until done (about 10 minutes).
- place in a bowl or zip lock bag with the salad dressing. I used about half of each.
- stir or turn as often as you remember.
- allow this to marinade overnight or at least 6 hours
- the next day place meatballs in pot add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- strain brussel sprouts and add
- cook and additional 5 minutes until warmed through.
- serve with a side of pasta and salad and you are all set.