Recipe by mickeydownunder
Saw basic recipe in local newspaper, TRUE! Now have added own UNIQUE flair to too! Simply delicious, easy to do, HOPE you'll try and review recipe too!
Top Review by Chef Decadent1
You tried my recipe so I tried one of yours...and I must say I'm glad I did! We must have the same taste! I love the addition of the Cointreau in this. The only think I changed was I omitted the peas...I'm not a big fan and I added red peppers. Delish!!! Now I need to try some more of your dishes. Thankyou!!!!
- 460 g ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (425 g) can pineapple chunks in juice (reserve the juice)
- 1⁄2 green capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 3 tablespoons cornflour (or cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas and carrots in boiling water until tender.
- Form ground beef into small balls.
- In bowl, mix together eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Roll ground beef balls into above mixture.
- In frypan, heat oil and brown balls; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 a tablespoon of oil with chicken stock, diced capsicum and pineapple pieces.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, stirring until boils
- Once thickened, add meatballs and simmer for about 15 minutes.