Recipe by Monica120179
I stumbled upon this creation when my attempt to make the classic chili sauce/jelly version of sweet and sour meatballs failed. I didn't have enough jelly--I barely had any at all! So I improvised and came up with this recipe after researching similar version of the famous jelly meatballs. I have served this at parties and they were gobbled up quickly. I know the ingredients seem strange but they make awesome meatballs! Perfect for appetizers.
- 4 -5 lbs frozen meatballs
- 2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meatballs in a crockpot and add the remaining ingredients on top.
- Stir around and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Simmer on low for another 2 hours.
- The sauce will thicken as the ingredients melt together--no need to heat them separately. Just dump them all in a crockpot and you're done!