Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. I don't know where she got it, but it is truly amazing. It is also very easy to make and anyone who tries it really raves about it. Serve it with a ceasar salad and buns.
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cans spaghetti sauce (any type will do)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 large onions, diced small
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4-1 cup brown sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together.
- Roll into small balls and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and heat on top of the stove (medium heat) until the tastes are blended.
- (Onions will not be thoroughly cooked) Drain meatballs well and pour sauce over meatballs in roasting pan.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 1-1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- The smell is delicious as they are cooking.
Leah these meatballs were great. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Another dish that tastes as good as it smells while cooking. We enjoyed these very tasty and tender meatballs.