Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy appetizer to serve at your next gathering.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 10 ounces orange marmalade
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Combine meat, onion, eggs and bread to form 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Make sauce from remaining ingredients.
- Simmer in sauce for 1 hour.
- Serve from chaffing dish.
- Note: The beauty of this dish is the fact that the meatballs do not have to be browned.
- Be sure to use very lean meat.
- Chilling after they have been simmered allows fat to harden and easily removed.
- Warm gently at serving time.
- Cook and freeze meatballs in the sauce.
I made this meatballs in a tomato sauce instead. Lovely. Thanks for sharing
Very good. I used frozen party meatballs and used the sauce from this recipe. Used the slow-cooker on high for 3 hours and warm after that. I had to add some water towards the end to keep the sauce from getting too thick.