- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 10 ounces orange marmalade
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, onion, eggs and bread to form 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Make sauce from remaining ingredients.
- Simmer in sauce for 1 hour.
- Serve from chaffing dish.
- Note: The beauty of this dish is the fact that the meatballs do not have to be browned.
- Be sure to use very lean meat.
- Chilling after they have been simmered allows fat to harden and easily removed.
- Warm gently at serving time.
- Cook and freeze meatballs in the sauce.