Recipe by Faith77
I have been making this since I was a young girl. Always been a favorite of mine and others. I got this out of an old cookbook by Betty Crocker.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
Sweat and Sour Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Meat Balls.
- Mix meat ball ingredients well and shape into balls.
- Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally until brown, about 20 minutes.
- OR bake in an ungreased oblong pan (13x9x2 inches), in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven until light brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Drain fat from meat balls.
- Sweet& Sour Sauce.
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in pan.
- Stir in pineapple (with syrup), vinegar and soy sauce.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, reduce heat to simmer.
- Add meat balls.
- Cover, simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in green peppers.
- Cover, simmer until green peppers are crispy-tender, about 5 minutes.