Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- salt (I use 1/2 t.)
- pepper (I use 1/4 t.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 medium green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir to mix.
- Add the ground beef and using your hands, mix the ingredients well.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch meatballs.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and brown meatballs, over medium heat, until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- Add water to juice to measure 1 cup.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce; stir to mix and then pour over meatballs.
- Add carrots.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in green pepper and pineapple; cover and simmer 5 minutes more or until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meatball mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Great recipe. DH loved this dish. I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I added 1/2 cup fine chopped onion and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder to the ground beef mixture. I also added a large onion, cut in chunks to the sauce.
Good meatball recipe-I served this over white rice and I loved it-my son thought that the sauce was too thin-thanks for this good recipe
Super recipe, easy to follow. I substituted garlic salt for plain salt, and added onions, decreased brown sugar to 3 T and added 1 T of ketchup to the sauce. Turned out really well, plan to make again.