1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Dienia B.'s Note:
Ceil Dyers Wok Cookery 1981; has brussel sprouts in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts, cooked
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1Combine ground beef with breadcrumbs, egg, coriander and horseradish; mix together. Make 8 balls.
- 2Roll balls in 1/8 cup cornstarch.
- 3Heat oil; brown meat balls; set aside.
- 4Fry garlic and onion.
- 5Add brussel sprouts, water chestnuts and drained pineapple chunks (with juice reserved for later).
- 6In sauce pan combine ingredients and cook until thick.
- 7Add mixture to meatballs and heat until warmed.
- 8Add meatballs then add sweet and sour sauce ingredients; stir until thickened.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1136.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 1013.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g