Recipe by luveyduvey21
I had been looking for a good sweet and sour meatball recipe, and this one is by far the best that I have tried! It was posted on another one of my groups. I usually double the recipe so we can have leftovers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup catsup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and form into balls, place in a 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake till meatballs are brown and cooked through.(usally on takes 15-20 minutes or so).
- Combine sauce ingredients in a pot on the stove, heat through. Remove from heat, pour over meatballs, and cook in over for 20 minutes or so.
- Now just so you know I did adapt the recipe to my liking for the cooking part. The original recipe said to place uncooked meatballs in baking dish. Pour the sauce over them and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours. But for my preference I found it to greasy done this way, and my husband didn't like iti done that way either. So I cook them first and then put the sauce inches Now we are not big on sweet and sour meatballs but LOVE these!