Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made with crushed Tam-Tams which are crackers. From Kosher Tasty Meals.Posted by Lisa Shatz. Here for safe keeping. Can also be an appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or 3 tablespoons flour
- vegetable oil, for browning
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 crackers, tam-tams, crushed
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes with water and set aside.
- Mix the meat, onion, egg, salt and pepper together and shape into one inch balls.
- Roll balls in the cornstarch or flour and brown in cooking oil; drain excess oil when browned and add the reserved broth, lemon juice, lemon slices, raisins and sugar.
- Cover pan and cook over low heat for 35 minutes.
- Stir in Tam-Tams and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve as a main dish with rice.