Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tangy sauce, combine with green pepper and pineapple, tranforms pre-made meatballs (I use Make-Ahead Meatballs) into a delightful main dish served over rice or as an appetizer. From Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet.
- Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
- Yield: 6 servings.
I dd this recipe. But I added onions,Green Peppers,Cherries & the pineapple. This Recipe is Yummy !! Yum !!
I've always made my own meatballs for this dish but your shortcut suggestion prompted me to try frozen ones. It worked out great and no one was the wiser. Great tasting and most likely will be repeated. Made for Beverage Tag.