Recipe by barefootmommawv
A tangy sauce, combined with green peppers and pineapple, transforms Darlene's make ahead meatballs OAMC into a delightful main dish severed over rice. This is a great 30 minute meal.
Top Review by eritt
Very good. Used fresh pineapple all chopped up instead of canned and replaced cornstarch with flour b/c I didn't have any. Also added a little sambal olek (red chili sauce) for spice. Overall DELISH!-->Will definately make again.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 30 meatballs (darlene's make ahead, OAMC, frozen or thawed)
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (green or red)
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.