Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom used to make this frequently for dinner when I was growing up. Serve over rice.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (to cook meatballs)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 can pineapple chunk, drained (or as much as you'd like)
- Combine ground beef, egg, 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Form into balls.
- Brown meatballs in oil until cooked through; drain.
- Heat pineapple juice and butter over low heat for several minutes.
- Add 3 Tablespoons cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, water, and sugar; cook until thick.
- Add meatballs and pineapple; heat thoroughly.
- Serve with rice.
I thought this was pretty good....The kids really liked it. Thanx
this recipe is awesome. i use it now whenever i want sweet and sour meatballs. it's the best sweet and sour meatball recipe i've ever tried
This recipe is so easy to make! It has become a favorite with everyone at our house, and we cook for very finicky girls ( 17yr,12yr and 2yr ) so that's saying a lot. We use natural pineapple juice to make it a bit less sweet, and low sodium soy to reduce the sodium, and it is Fabulous!