1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Meatballs
1 hr 40 mins
jake ryley'smommy's Note:
This is a variation of a few different recipes. I use ground turkey, to reduce the fat, but it tastes great made with any ground meat. My picky kids call these Sweetballs. They gobble them up, always asking for 2nds!!! This is great served over rice with a side of vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground turkey (or other ground meat)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
sweet and sour sauce
- 1Mix all meatball ingredients together in a medium bowl, roll into balls and place in glass baking dish lined with foil. *If using ground turkey you may want to add a little oil to tinfoil, or turn often during cooking*.
- 2Bake at 400 F for 20-30 mins, or until cooked through.
- 3Remove meatballs from pan, discard tinfoil, replace meatballs, set aside.
- 4In a small saucepan combine sugar and flour, mix until well blended.
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat stirring often until thickened slightly, about 5-10 min *If you like a more tangy sauce you can replace as much of the water with white vinegar as you'd like*.
- 6Pour the sauce over the prepared meatballs, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes Stir once or twice during baking.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Toddler-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.3 mg
- Sodium 629.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g