Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mom made this one payday when she had to search the cabinets for dinner for the seven of us kids, it was a hit. I have rediscovered it now that I have my own tight paydays. It is a comfort food that is easy to throw together but tastes fantastic.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish kielbasa
- 1 small onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce (or homemade sweet and sour if you have more time and energy)
- In a large skillet heat oil and saute peppers and onions until softened over med heat.
- Slice Kielbasa into diagonal slices and add to peppers and onions.
- Add Sweet and Sour to Kielbasa and pepper/onion mix and let simmer until heated all the way through.
- Finally add pineapple (I usually drain most of the juice, but add about a 1/4 of it in the sauce) and serve over warm rice.
I used this as a jumping off point. Made my own sauce. It was good, nice change. Served over rice.