Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you use canned kidney beans for this salad recipe, that makes it even easier to put together for an unexpected summer potluck. From the New Americana Cookbook.
- 6 cups kidney beans, cooked and drained (or 2 cups dried kidney beans, soaked and cooked)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced (Vidalia, Hermiston reds, Walla Walla)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Place the cooked kidney beans in a large non-reactive bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining ingredeints and toss with the kidney beans.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow to marinate. Best eaten within 24 hours.
Very potluckish. Iv'e also seen similar at Lebanese restaurants but this is way more flavourful and tastier. DH wasn't that interested in it but maybe because it is kidney beans. I would make this again for a potluckish thing. Made for Veggie Swap 26 ~ September 2010.