Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lady used to bring this to a church covered dish supper. Every time it was gone by the first time people went through. All the kids loved it, especially my granddaughter. So, I got the recipe from her and was amazed how easy it was. Only three ingredients. You could use this for tiny meatballs too along with the hot dogs.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hot dog (you might be able to use 2 pounds)
- In a saucepan, put the jelly and mustard on a low heat till it is melted and mixed well.
- Cook the hot dogs and if using regular size ones--slice into pieces and add to the mixture; if using mini hot dog cook a few minutes and use whole.
- Put into a crockpot till ready.
Hi Mimi, I was reading one of your cookbooks and I saw this recipe. My sister and I would make these for parties and for my niece, who was a very picky eater but she loved these. Then, when I had kids I used to make them for them. Rodger, preferred the little hot dogs alone with mustard but Aimee loved them made this way. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe! The sauce is also great with tiny meatballs. Hugz, Diane :)