Recipe by Mimi in Maine
A lady used to bring this to a church covered dish supper. Every time it was gone by the first time people went through. All the kids loved it, especially my granddaughter. So, I got the recipe from her and was amazed how easy it was. Only three ingredients. You could use this for tiny meatballs too along with the hot dogs.
Top Review by Manami
Hi Mimi, I was reading one of your cookbooks and I saw this recipe. My sister and I would make these for parties and for my niece, who was a very picky eater but she loved these. Then, when I had kids I used to make them for them. Rodger, preferred the little hot dogs alone with mustard but Aimee loved them made this way. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe! The sauce is also great with tiny meatballs. Hugz, Diane :)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hot dog (you might be able to use 2 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, put the jelly and mustard on a low heat till it is melted and mixed well.
- Cook the hot dogs and if using regular size ones--slice into pieces and add to the mixture; if using mini hot dog cook a few minutes and use whole.
- Put into a crockpot till ready.