Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A relly nice change from your ordinary cole slaw. It has a nice spicy taste to it. This goes really good with any kind of barbeque!
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- Stir dressing into vegetables and mix.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Drain well and spoon into serving bowl.
This was really great slaw espically for someone that is not a big mayo fan. Next time, I will probably use less sugar and vinegar mix, much was drained off.