1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Beef Crock Pot
7 hrs 25 mins
This recipe can also be made with pork, the recipe may be doubled if desired --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and reserve juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 3 -6 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin (cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces, or use a cut of beef of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 large onion, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cider vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic.
- 2Add/stir in the brown sugar until completely dissolved; set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet.
- 4Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper then brown in hot oil on all sides.
- 5Place the browned meat in the slow cooker along with the red pepper flakes.
- 6Add in carrots and onion to the slow cooker.
- 7Pour the pineapple juice mixture over the veggies and beef.
- 8Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7-9 hours or on HIGH heat for about 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- 9Increase the heat to HIGH.
- 10Dissolve the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl.
- 11Add in the cornstarch mixture, pineapple chunks and green pepper into the beef mixture in the slow cooker.
- 12Continue to cook for about 30 minutes, or until the green pepper is crisply tender and the juices are thickened.
- 13Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Beef Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 934.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 40.7 g