Top Review by vigilant20
Thanks for helping me through cooking my first rabbit! I just thought the recipe could have used a some more flavor. If I were a better cook I probably could have figured out what....but I ended up drowning it in soy sauce and that did the trick.
- 1 rabbit
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rabbit into serving portions.
- Place in slow cooker and cover with vinegar combined with salt, spices, peppercorns, and 1 onion.
- Let stand in a cool place for 24 hours.
- Drain, cover with boiling water and simmer until tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Melt fat in frying pan, blend in flour and add water, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add rabbit, strained broth, cinnamon, allspice and remaining onion and simmer for 1 hour.