- Cut rabbit into serving portions.
- Place in slow cooker and cover with vinegar combined with salt, spices, peppercorns, and 1 onion.
- Let stand in a cool place for 24 hours.
- Drain, cover with boiling water and simmer until tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Melt fat in frying pan, blend in flour and add water, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add rabbit, strained broth, cinnamon, allspice and remaining onion and simmer for 1 hour.
Thanks for helping me through cooking my first rabbit! I just thought the recipe could have used a some more flavor. If I were a better cook I probably could have figured out what....but I ended up drowning it in soy sauce and that did the trick.