Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Taste of Home, March 2002, Will try later this fall
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cubed green pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut steaks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, cook 5 minutes longer; set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, 3 tablespoons water, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add halibut; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into green pepper mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and pineapple.
- Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with halibut over rice.