Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this is an old bunch of recipes I'd been hoarding. Haven't tried them yet, but they sound good.
- In a large pot on medium heat cook beans in boiling water until crisp tender.
- Drain beans.
- Fry bacon until crisp and remove all but 2 tbsps of fat from the pan.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Make a thin paste of 1 tbsp flour and 1/4 cup water.
- Add flour paste, vinegar, sugar, bacon and onions to pan and cook until thickened.
- Pour over beans and toss.
- Cover and heat thoroughly.
the whole family raved about this recipe, even the veggie hater
This is tried and true recipe that I have used many time. I love it and it is very simple to make. but I also add a little bit of water from the green beans it keeps them moist.