Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in a "Texas cookbook" I got the book in an exchange. I am just trying to organize some of the recipes that I would like to try. No serving sizes were available I just guessed.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Bring vinegar, sugar, bean juice, salad oil, and seasonings to boil.
- Put one can of beans in the bottom of dish;
- cover with onion slices, then second can of beans.
- Pour hot liquid over top.
- Let stand sveral hours or overnight.
- Serve hot or cold.