Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Another old family favourite recipe. We always had these ribs with white rice.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork spareribs, sawed in half across bones
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple chunks in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Cut meat into 2-rib portions; season with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs, meaty side down, in a large, shallow roasting pan.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Drain off fat. Turn meaty side up.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup syrup.
- In saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Blend in the reserved syrup, cold water, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in green pepper and pineapple chunks. Cover, cook 5 minutes.
- Drain fat from ribs and spoon sauce atop. Bake ribs for 15 more minutes.