Recipe by Anka
This is an easy dish that the kids will love, healthy too. Of course, the ingredient amounts can be changed to suit your taste. You can also add some soy sauce if you like. This dish is great served over rice or with some french bread
- 4 fat-free hot dogs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple, cubed (one small can)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hot dogs into bite size pieces.
- Place the hot dogs and vegetable stock in a medium pot and bring to a boil on high, then reduce the heat and continue cooking.
- Add pineapple pieces to the pot.
- Use the juice from the pineapple to dilute the flour, then add to the hot dogs in the pot.
- Add Splenda, tomato puree, vinegar and ketchup and simmer together for 5 minutes.