1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Fish
An excellent and very simple dish from Jill Dupleix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) cod or 4 (6 ounce) halibut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, to coat
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1Put dried mushrooms for the sauce in a bowl of boiling water and let soak 30 minutes.
- 2Peel and slice ginger, then cut in very fine matchsticks.
- 3To make the sauce, drain and finely slice the mushrooms, discarding the stems.
- 4Mix the cornstarch and vinegar together to make a slurry, place in a small saucepan with the sugar, ketchup, salt, soy sauce, sherry, water or stock and mushrooms.
- 5Rinse the bean sprouts and shake dry.
- 6Heat half the oil in a frying pan , add the ginger and fry 1 minute, stirring then lift out with a slotted spoon and add to the sauce.
- 7Fry the bean sprouts in the pan 30 seconds, then divide on four warmed dinner plates.
- 8Coat fish fillets lightly with cornstarch.
- 9Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry fish for around 3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- 10Place on the bean sprouts and spoon the hot sauce over, scatter with green onions and serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Fish
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 729.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: