Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just going through my old cookbooks to find all the fiddlehead recipes, since there aren't many here.
- 1 lb fiddlehead, washed, cleaned, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Cook fiddleheads in boiling salted water for 12 - 15 min or until just tender. Drain and place in a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour this sauce over the cooked fiddleheads in the serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.